The World Potato Congress is pleased to announce the resumption of its webinar series. Its first Fall webinar will feature a presentation by Yechiam Gets, Crop Model Agronomist with Netafim. It is scheduled for November 11, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Standard time (USA/Canada). The presentation is titled “Basics of irrigation for processing potatoes and irrigation scheduling“.
This presentation will mark out the importance of proper irrigation of potatoes, and will highlight the importance of irrigation on locations during the growth season in light of climate change and rain absence. Mr Gets will detail the current solutions available for different scenarios and its pros and cons.
On the 2nd part, he will test methods of proper irrigation scheduling for different irrigation systems and offer guidance for soil monitoring in irrigated potatoes and how to make conclusions from the results in order to maximize yield, uniformity and quality and also to face climate change and environmental challenges.
Mr. Yechiam Gets is a:
- Deciduous orchard and vineyards farmer from the North of Israel;
- M.Agro in soil & water science from the Israeli faculty of Agriculture (HUJI)
- 4 years at Netafim as a crop model agronomist for more than 30 crops, including potatoes,
- was nominated as crop specialist for potatoes in 2020
- past experience includes working for Bermad and Haifa chemicals as field agronomist
- Expertise: irrigation scheduling, fertigation, hydraulics of pressurized irrigation systems, soil and plant monitoring, and crop modeling.
To registration for this webinar:
When: November 11, 2021 09:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada). The following is the registration link:
Upcoming World Potato Congress Webinars
The World Potato Congress is pleased to announce the following presenters for our upcoming Fall and Winter webinars. Stay tuned for further presentation details for these webinars.
December 2021 – Joel VanderSchaaf, Tuberosum Technologies
January 2022 – Liam Glennon, Chairman, Organizing Committee, World Potato Congress 2022, Dublin, Ireland
February 2022 – Dr. Denis Griffin, TEAGASC, Ireland
March 2022 – Dr. Denis Griffin, TEAGASC, Ireland or Stephen Kildea, TEAGASC, Ireland
April 2022 – Robert Graveland, HZPC
In case you missed any of WPC Inc’s previous webinars, you can view them all on www.potatocongress.org.
Source: World Potato Congress Inc
Photo: Courtesy Netafim UK