EuroBlight has officially opened registration for its 19th workshop, set to take place from 13th to 16th May 2024 at the conference centre “de Werelt” in Lunteren, the Netherlands. The workshop will be hosted amidst the serene backdrop of “de Veluwe”, the largest forest area in the country, offering participants an inspiring setting to discuss, connect, and innovate.
The local host for the event is Wageningen Research (WR), with Geert Kessel as the contact person. The workshop aims to accommodate a maximum of 100 participants, with priority given to those offering oral or poster presentations. EuroBlight is particularly encouraging early career scientists to participate in this esteemed event.
The workshop will kick off on the evening of 13th May with traditional welcome drinks and appetisers. The following days will feature five plenary sessions, subgroup discussions, and presentations focusing on new research questions, trial plans, and collaborative initiatives.
Given the significant late blight epidemics experienced in the 2023 growing season, the workshop will address crucial themes, including:
- Integrated control strategies for improved control methods.
- Breeding for host resistance and its future prospects.
- Sustainable strategies for fungicide efficacy.
- Success stories and challenges in precision agriculture and decision support.
- Global perspectives on IPM/ICM solutions for farmers.
Key dates to remember for interested participants include:
- Registration opens: October 16, 2023
- Registration closes: December 11, 2023
- Confirmation of attendance: December 18, 2023
- Hotel booking deadline at De Werelt (special EuroBlight price): December 31, 2023
- Draft scientific program release: March 2024
- Final program release: April 2024
- Workshop dates: May 13-16, 2024
Participants are required to submit their title, abstract, and presentation preferences by December 11, 2023. While the costs for the venue, meals, mid-conference excursion, and local transportation are covered by sponsors, attendees are responsible for their travel and accommodation expenses.
In case of over-registration, the organizing committee will review participation based on contributions, with decisions announced by December 18, 2023.
For more details, visit the EuroBlight website.
Photo: Credit EuroBlight