Consumers, Equipment/Technology, Trends

Tomra seeks to sort food waste

TOMRA Sorting Food, a manufacturer of sensor-based food sorting systems, is acutely aware of the food waste issue and works closely with farmers, processors and retailers to achieve the objective of reducing food waste. The figures are shocking: almost a third of all food produced worldwide is never eaten, leading to 1.3 billion tons of food waste each year. This includes around 45 per cent of all fruit and vegetables. Just one quarter of this wasted food could feed the 795 million chronically hungry people around the world. Of this waste, over half (54 per cent) is lost in upstream processes, including agricultural production and post-harvest handling. The other 46 per cent is wasted in processing, distribution and consumption. More

Editor & Publisher: Lukie Pieterse


Feel free to get in touch with Lukie!
He’ll be most happy to share your company’s news stories on Potato News Today and its affiliated social media channels.
lukie@potatonewstoday.com
Connect on LinkedIn
Follow on Twitter
About us

Promote your company here

Go here to learn how we can help you to promote your company to our global readership, or get in touch with Lukie directly to discuss promotion options: lukie@potatonewstoday.com.

PULSEMASTER

CROP.ZONE

KIREMKO

GRIMME

WYMA SOLUTIONS