Smart farms are defined as using modern technology and information to manage them. There are many new technologies available for farmers to use including sensors, software, robotics, GPS, connectivity, and data analytics. Farmers monitor their crops, soil, water, and temperatures without leaving their home. This is often called IoT in farming.
- The use of IoT technology for smart farming
- Drones are used in farming both in the ground and in the air
- The greenhouse is now automated using IoT applications in farming
- The Internet of Food and Farm is an organization that made precision farming possible
- How do we decrease water consumption in farming and greenhouses?
- Livestock tracking is now used more than ever
- Pest monitoring is another area that technology now helps with
- The benefits of big data in farming are many
Source: The Daily Plan IoT. Read the full article here