The AHDB hosted Agronomy Week will run as a virtual conference from Monday 30 November to Friday 4 December in the UK. It will comprise a series of webinars aimed at agronomists on important issues in contemporary agronomy.
Ordinarily, AHDB hosts the Agronomists’ Conference in December. This annual event is a two-day conference for agronomists, covering the cereals and oilseeds and potatoes industries. To help delegates get the most out of the new virtual format, AHDB has expanded the event into a week-long programme of digital events called ‘Agronomy Week‘. Delegates can register for a series of webinars and interactive discussion sessions covering important issues on contemporary agronomy.
Agronomy Week will showcase the latest research and provide agronomists with practical management strategies to use across the rotation.
Agronomy Week live stream programme
- 9am – 10.30am: How to get the best out of potatoes: markets, agronomy and the industry (Agronomists’ Induction webinar)
- 11am – 12.30pm: Genetic resources for potatoes – launch of the new Potato Variety Comparison Tool
- 2pm – 3.30pm: Maleic Hydrazide, increasing uptake
- 5pm – 6.30pm: Desiccation
- 9am – 10.30am: How to use new technologies and new approaches in potato production (Agronomists’ Induction webinar)
- 11am – 12.30pm: Preventing, detecting and controlling nematodes
- 2pm – 3.30pm: Aphids and virus control
- 5pm – 6.30pm: Late blight: genotypes and resistant varieties
- 9am – 10.30am: How to measure the impact of soil management practices using a soil health scorecard (Agronomists’ Induction webinar)
- 11am – 12.30pm: Agricultural resilience in a warmer world: planning for blight and drought
- 2pm – 3.30pm: Over winter cover crops ahead of potatoes
- 5pm – 6.30pm: Drip irrigation with slightly salty water
Agronomists’ Induction 2020
The Agronomists’ Induction, our annual conference for early career agronomists, returns this year as part of Agronomy Week. In addition to the main programme, new agronomists and advisers will have exclusive access to webinars to introduce them to AHDB tools, services and staff.
Source: AHDB. Access the original news article here for more information