AHDB and Catchment Sensitive Farming (CSF) in the UK have joined up to look at how you can get the best out of your nitrogen use and fertiliser application through calibration, with a focus on the principles and the practice.
This webinar session on 3 February is focussing on fertiliser calibration in-field and is a practical session for farmers and operators run with Trevor Johnson, Acare Services Ltd, who operates fertiliser calibration and NSTS tests across East Anglia.
The webinar will look at:
- The benefits of fertiliser spreader testing
- Meeting the requirements of NVZ and cross compliance and farm assurance
- Calibrating different types of spreaders
- Accurate calibration and best practice methods: tray tests, co-efficient of variation, ballistics
- Common visual problems and faults