Nourish Food Marketing Inc, Canada’s only full-service marketing agency working exclusively with food, beverage, and agricultural clients, in partnership with Kahntact, leading marketers in the agriculture, food, and life science sectors, have released their 7th annual Trend Report.
The 2023 Report provides insight into nine trends that are transforming the food and agricultural world, from ‘un-ignorable’ issues like climate change to the historic highs of food inflation.
“You might say we’re on a launching pad,” says Jo-Ann McArthur, president of Nourish Food Marketing. “In 2023, we will see trends leaping into the future. It will take out of the box thinking to solve the big issues we are facing. Consumers are demanding action and they do not want to go backwards and even slow progress will be seen as going backwards.”
“Sustainability is not a trend, it is now clearly entrenched in the lexicon of Canadian agriculture” says Rhett Hawkins, president of Kahntact. “In 2023, farmers will continue to be under pressure to adopt new practices and technologies to grow our food, but the key to a sustainable Canadian agri-food future, lies in the combination of technology, personal responsibility, and government focus designed to help farmers meet the food requirements of a growing planet.”
The 2023 Report delves into 9 key trends that will shape the Food, Beverage and Agriculture landscapes in 2023 and beyond. The trends are:
- The Rise of Reductarianism: Trading “either/or” for “everything, but less”
- Good Eats, Better Sleeps: The role of food as a sleep aid to promote overall well-being
- This One’s for the Ladies: Female food is a missed opportunity we can no longer overlook
- Food Without Borders: Social media unites us globally so we can shop and cook together
- Robots, AI, and Connected Kitchens: The future of food automation finally arrives
- Breaking the Chains: Localized production offers an alternative to shaky global supply chains
- Closing the Loop: Self-contained food systems are the future
- From Science Fiction to Science Farming: Ag innovation sees exponential growth to meet environmental and market needs
- Solidarity for Sustainability: The future of eco-conscious agriculture is cooperative
The 2023 Nourish Trend Report is online now. To read the full report, click here
Source: Nourish Marketing Inc. Press release here
Image: Credit CNW Group/Nourish Marketing Inc.